As the starting point for a discussion in the "Local knowledge economy development in towns and their regions" LinkedIn Group, I'd like to suggest which are the essential components of any local economy development policy. I would propose 5 of them:
- the infrastructures at every level. From roads, trains and telecommunications to science and industry parcs or university and research centres.
- the promotion of entrepreneurship
- the support to business creation
- the support to existing industries
- an active city marketing and communication action
Please share your thoughts on the above mentioned LinkedIn Group.