On another post I suggested a discussion for the "Local knowledge economy development in towns and their regions" LinkedIn Group, on the essential components of any local economy development policy.
As a sister discussion to that, I'd like to suggest another one on which are the essential criteria to build an effective local development policy. And I would propose 5 of them:
- building the town future on the assets the town has historically (either some industry or nature, heritage, knowledge, science, city brand, culture or any possible other)
- boosting innovation in all sectors of society
- promoting entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship as a main asset of society
- promoting collaboration between local stakeholders
- increase exchange relations with partner towns and territories
Please share your comments on the Linkedin Group